Amber Spitler, LMT
Amber is from Eldred, PA and attended the Massage Therapy program at Great Lakes Institute of Technology in Erie, PA. She graduated in September 2013 and has been working in the field since October 2013.
Amber offers the following massage techniques:
- Swedish Massage: Swedish massage is a gentle, rhythmic massage that uses long flowing strokes, kneading and friction techniques on the more superficial layers of the muscles promoting relaxation, better circulation and improves body function. This is the most traditional method of full body massage. It is a perfect escape leaving you feeling pampered and rejuvenated.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Deep tissue massage focuses on the deeper layers of muscle tissue. When muscles are stressed it blocks the flow of oxygen and nutrients, leading to inflammation and build up of toxins in the muscle tissue. A deep tissue massage helps loosen the muscle tissue and release toxins to provide better blood and oxygen flow to the muscle. This type of massage also breaks down scar tissue and loosens fascia through a lighter, but still deep technique. This technique is used for acute or chronic injury recovery and those who need manipulation of muscle and other soft tissues.
- Trigger Point Massage: A trigger point or more commonly known as a "knot" happens when a muscle contracts restricting blood flow into that muscle causing pain. Trigger point therapy focuses on applying pressure directly to those contracted muscles to release tension in that particular area. It releases the toxins captured in the body for better bodily function.
- Pregnancy Massage: Pregnancy massage is specifically designed for expectant mothers. The massage is performed while the client is sideline, or lying on their side, while her body is supported during the massage, using pillows or bolsters. Pregnancy massage is a great way to help relieve lower back and sciatica pain, reduce muscle spasms and cramps and enhance the gestation process through increasing blood and lymph circulation, reduce edema, and increase cellular respiration. It also helps assist in reducing the stress in the weight bearing joints and musculoskeletal (bone) structures.
- Monday - Thursday by appointment
- 60 minutes ~ $60
- 90 minutes ~ $90
- Hot Stone ~ $65
- Cupping (30 minutes) ~ $45
- Late cancellation (<24 hours) ~ $20
Gift certificates are available for all therapies offered.
Certificates not used by their expiration date decrease in value by 20% per month until depleted.
Certificates with no printed expiration date expire one year from date of issue.
Call 814.887.2087 to schedule an appointment.